<

Sunday, January 23, 2005

confession time

Bless me Father (or Mother, whatever), for I have sinned.

It has been (x) days since my last blog entry. Nor have I managed to update my list of links on the side, nor have I been a faithful ring owner (master? mistress?) in that I have not been checking and leaving witty, pithy comments.

I have been immersed in the institutional church for a few days. It was all good, but I could tell I was running out of even my extroverted steam yesterday afternoon. Somewhere in the middle of yet another session on boundaries (and my second or third introduction to Percept) I started to hit the cranky wall. Just needed to not be thinking or doing church. (God is fine. Sometimes church all day everyday is a little much. And I'm even underemployed.)

I have managed to avoid my major temptation, which are the local yarn shops. Repeat after me, I DO have enough yarn in my stash. I DO have enough yarn in my stash. Even the concept of "my stash" seems theologically problematic. But I digress.

I am knitting like a crazy woman, have been knitting basically all day in order to finish the pieces of my first sweater to bring to our last Intermediate Beginner (or Advanced Beginner--still not quite clear which title it was) class. I have learned so much from Beth the Knitting Goddess (another link to add) and yet there is still so much to learn. Also, it's clear that having a deadline, as in homework, is very useful in the actual FINISHING of projects. I may have to become serious about finding a local knitting group.

Blogging Episcopalians continues to grow! I'm having so much fun seeing the different blogs.

Well, in order to be done with my sweater, I have 65+ more rows to knit on the front, and 60 rows of a sleeve to finish. After thinking about the concept and challenge of an ENFP actually finishing two identical somethings (i.e. sleeves) I decided to make the first sleeve inbetween making the back and the front, to break up that process. The handdyed Araucania Nature Wool Chunky is still beautiful and soft, but the variations from skein to skein are driving me nuts. At this point I'm just trying to make the sleeves look similar. If I wanted perfection, I would go to the store.

Must knit. . .Must knit. . .

1 Comments:

At 7:43 PM, Blogger ...e... said...

Have you tried knitting both sleeves at once? Just put them both on the one needle (or circular nedle, it they're too big.) It's slow going and of course you have two skeins of yarn hanging off, but you have amuch better chance of doing the increases and decreses etc. on the same rows that way.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home