<

Monday, August 08, 2005

Sock Goes Supplying

I have no sermon to post here, not because I didn't preach, but because again I preached extemporaneously, and unlike last Sunday, I don't have as clear a memory of what I said. It felt good, but it's sort of unreplicable (is that a word?)

Meanwhile, I decided that if the Yarn Harlotcould take photos of her sock on tour to all the lovely places she's going on her book tour, the least I could do was take my sock on my supply ventures. I started this sock at the class I took on Saturday at Gourmet Yarn. Here is the sock in its first stages



and here we are at Emmanuel, Shawnee. A better person would have walked around to the front of the church to get a better photo, however, in heels, "clericool" collar and black rabat I am NOT a better person when it's over 90 degrees.

4 Comments:

At 12:22 PM, Blogger Beth said...

Welcome to the club! Now that you're knitting socks you can show them a good time. I can't wait to see more. Stephanie can always get random people to hold the sock for her, but I'm too shy for that stuff. Maybe you can get people to hold the sock and give a thumbs-up for your sermon? That would be hilarious.

 
At 12:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Emily! That sock is looking great! A+. - Margaret

 
At 9:44 PM, Blogger Cathy said...

Emily,
The Harlot is having way too much fun - all I get to do is placed my knitted elephant dishcloth on the organ at church for "places I visited this summer" -- is that EXTREME KNITTING????

I am enjoying reading about your spiritual journey. It parallels some of the same things I remember growing up in the Episcopal Church.
I think socks in progress ought to go to church more. Holy Socks!
Cathy
http://cathyknits.blogspot.com

 
At 11:05 AM, Blogger Emily said...

Somehow I think we can arrange more socks in church pictures. . .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home