<

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

my brain is mush

Cathy, you tagged me and I swear I have plenty of idiosyncracies, except apparently when I sit down at the computer to list them, I can't think of what they are.

I have put aside the pattern that was giving me fits, and completed a basic hat in a Cascade 220 blue. It's going in the Christmas pile.

I did the Wednesday Eucharist today at Trinity, Guthrie, and we discussed the feast day of Samuel Isaac Joseph Schereschewsky. I think I spelled that right. He's one of my favorites on our list of blesseds for various reasons, in no particular order. One, he apparently learned languages at the drop of a hat, and spent 20 years composing a translation of the Bible into one of the Chinese languages, using on the middle fingers of one of his hands to type with, following a stroke. Two, it's nice to know there are/were other Episcopalians out there with names even more unpronounceable and unspellable than mine. Three, I have fond memories of my seminary dean, now the Bishop of New York, preaching on him in chapel, and very deliberately pronouncing his name at the beginning of the homily.



The cats have spent the day watching birds and growling at neighbor cats who have dared to stroll by outside our apartment. Bedding is clean, rooms are slowly being decluttered.

So far so good with my mom. Thanks for all the good thoughts.

1 Comments:

At 9:15 PM, Blogger Cathy said...

I love the story of Samuel Isaac Joseph Schereschewsky - I am awed at this person's perseverance.

Idiosyncrasies is almost as challenging as Schereschewsky :)

Perhaps you could share one of your idiosyncasies at a time!
Glad to know your mom is making progress.
Cathy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home