<

Saturday, February 05, 2005

thanks to Phil the groundhog

for announcing that we have 6 more weeks of winter--maybe I'll finish the sweater by then.

I have picked up and knit stitches for the neckband twice--there are still some holes and gaps but I have now resolved to only wear the sweater (if I ever finish it) with dark shirts only. I did gorgeous 3 needle bind offs on the shoulder seams--they look like I know what I'm doing. Two days of brief, focused efforts got the drop sleeves seamed in. Yesterday I started seaming up the side--only to discover I didn't quite have the sleeves seamed in evenly.

So it's going to be back to unpicking the seams and they will get 34 rows each on front and back.
But thanks to Beth's instruction and Nancie Wiseman's book on finishing techniques (worth every penny) I do have lovely seams).

2 Comments:

At 8:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's nice to hear from someone else who is a beginning knitter. I just started learning to knit in December, and I've made a hat and a scarf so far. I just started working on a poncho, and I'm nervous about the seams. I've got a lot of knitting to do before I get to them, though. Keep it up!

Peace and blessings,
RiverStone
http://www.riverstone.blogdrive.com

 
At 10:45 AM, Blogger Emily said...

You'll do fine on the seams--Wiseman's book has very helpful diagrams, as do some articles on Knitty.

Maybe we should start a spin-off (pun intended) ring for Episcopal Knitters (Tina of Frustrations, Hopes and Dreams is also one) :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home