<

Sunday, September 11, 2005

ECW fall retreat

So. . .

I'm on the diocesan ECW Board, filling an unexpired term.

And along the way I find out I'm in charge of the fall retreat (thankfully somebody already picked the general plan).

Oh, and by the way, it's October 6-8 (at St. Crispin's).

Perhaps some of my regular Oklahoma readers would want to join us. Or know a woman in your congregation who would like to join us.

We will be using a program developed by the national ECW, called "Women of Vision." I've heard very good things about it, helps develop women's leadership skills and spiritual gifts.

Won't you join us?

3 Comments:

At 7:00 PM, Blogger Cathy said...

Hi Emily,
can't help but think of Hildegard of Bingen when you mentioned Women of Vision!

Cathy

 
At 8:09 PM, Blogger Emily said...

What a lovely thought!

 
At 4:02 PM, Blogger Annie said...

What a sweet invitation, Emily. I don't know! My first thought is that they would think it was really strange that I had suddenly developed an interest in ECW when I barely go to the annual salad luncheon. Or should I say rarely? And I am not much on the leadership side of church life either. If it were a Daughters weekend, it would be more likely for my normal activities. And, I saw that they are doing a Cursillo weekend later--although right now I have forgotten the dates. So, I'll check and see, keeping in mind your lovely invitation.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home