<

Monday, September 05, 2005

on a totally different note

(pun intended)

I stayed in Tulsa overnight with a friend from the Royal School course before heading out to Broken Arrow for their 8 a.m. service on Sunday, and therefore I am in receipt of our CDs from the Summer Course.

I put it in the CD player when I got home. Not that I have any self-esteem issues, but I was a little frightened to hear my own voice leading the Preces and Responses, my little voice among all of the professional musicians and near-professionals on the course.

Of course it was all just fine, and it was such a pleasure to listen to the music and be reminded of the hard work, good times, and most of all, the special community of children and adults that gathered that week.

Bonus moments included the sound of thunder during the Magnificat recorded at the Evensong at St. John's, Tulsa, and the clanking of the thurible during the Magnificat recorded at the final Evensong at Trinity, Tulsa. Also, the sound of general Episcopal milling during the prelude and postlude. These make for an "imperfect" recording but for me makes it more like listening to real worship rather than a concert.

4 Comments:

At 11:31 AM, Blogger Cathy said...

I would have loved to have heard it and been there. I am sure it was beautiful.
We had a grape stomp making the beginnings of communion wine.
Cathy

 
At 11:51 AM, Blogger Emily said...

How fun! What happens to the stomped grapes after that?

 
At 10:50 PM, Blogger Cathy said...

Go to my blog and find out :)

http://cathyknits.blogspot.com
The Communion wine we use at our church comes right from a parishioner's vineyard, stomped mostly by the feet of our children!

OOOOH the word verification I had to type to get this to go through was a doozie!
Cathy

 
At 9:34 AM, Blogger geebrooke said...

Isn't it funny how your voice sounds so differently on recording than it does in your head? I suppose regularly-recorded public speakers must get used to it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home