<

Monday, October 10, 2005

Knitting Content

Yes, I have been knitting. This is in fact the one and only Clapotis pattern from a back issue of
Knitty, the (in)famous pattern that has even had poetry written about it. I enjoyed knitting it, even though the middle section went on forever. I used Cascade 220 in one of their Quatro colors, and I am very proud of this. It's a simple pattern, but I felt like I had produced something very sophisticated when I was done.


Hootie is not very sophisticated. He likes sleeping, eating, allowing himself to be petted, and rolling around on the warm concrete on our patio. And sprawling across the staff's knitting patterns and morning papers. He took advantage of my Clapotis photography moment to stage this pose.

3 Comments:

At 7:08 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Nice work! Do you know if it's still possible to get that pattern? I recall admiring it on another blog last spring, but I had too many things going then.

 
At 7:34 PM, Blogger Emily said...

Hi Songbird!

Just go into the pattern archive at Knitty, and look under wraps/stoles.

 
At 11:07 PM, Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Love your site Emily. I agree that the Clapotis makes you feel like you've created something terribly sophisticated! I am also a knitting Epsicopalian, please check out my blog as well: http://theaddknitter.blogspot.com/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home