<

Saturday, February 24, 2007

Totally sucked in

So in the time period when I wasn't posting regularly, a friend of mine made the mistake of sending me a Youtube link (long since misplaced) for a Sawyer scene on "Lost." Since Husband and I were like the last people on the planet to not have seen any of "Lost," we have since rectified said omission by immersing ourselves in the Season 1 and 2 DVD sets (and you all wonder why I hadn't been posting).

It's dealing with something like this that you realize that there are two very different personalities at work. Left to my own devices, I would probably have had Lost marathons at every possible opportunity; Husband is usually content to take in just one. (Sometimes I can talk him into a second one, but then he has to cut me off). He should probably always accompany me to yarn shops as well.

We're only partway through Season 2, so I don't want any spoilers (holding off on watching any of Season 3 for the moment).

There really hasn't been a substitute for the demise of the Whedonverse (Buffy and Angel) but a good session of Lost angst does wonders for keeping minds off real-life angst.

13 Comments:

At 7:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate to burst the bubble but I have not gotten into Lost and haven't watched but bits and pieces ever. So you and David are not the last two on the planet....sorry!!! lol

 
At 8:26 PM, Blogger Rosemary said...

We watched seasons one and two just before season 3 started up. Very addicting.

 
At 9:23 PM, Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

We've never watched any of *Lost*. I'm intentionally avoiding it now since I have plenty of obsessions already that take up my time. : )

 
At 10:05 PM, Blogger Annie said...

Oh! You're back! I thought you were having a very long Christmas.

I've never gotten into "Lost". It coincides with bell choir most of the year.

 
At 10:06 AM, Blogger Susie/Nueva Cantora said...

huh? Watch only one episode at a time? I don't get it...

And, since you're missing Whedon, you have seen Firefly, yes? Its awesome, and has some good religion references too.

 
At 4:43 PM, Blogger mandyc said...

I just stumbled onto your blog via RevGal blog ring. I used to live in OKC (am currently in Kansas City for seminary) and just wanted to say hello! hope you enjoy the rest of the episiodes (and get caught up before the new season starts)!

 
At 4:40 PM, Blogger Barbara said...

Sending happy posting thoughts your way, Emily, and may your spring be as colorful as ours has suddenly become!

 
At 5:17 AM, Blogger Norma said...

I've never seen Lost, and after reading this, I hope I never do. I have enough addictions.

 
At 11:08 PM, Blogger Judy Vaughan-Sterling said...

Hello! Hello! Come back to us!

 
At 1:17 PM, Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

Where are you??? Hope all is going well. We miss you!

 
At 7:36 PM, Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

Where are yooooooooooouuuuuu?

I hope everything is OK! We miss you!

 
At 10:27 AM, Blogger seethroughfaith said...

hey wehere are you and have you quit blogging. I hope not!

 
At 10:45 AM, Blogger RevAnne said...

I had a Whedon moment Monday; went home early to try to catch up on some rest and found myself watching "Roseanne" reruns (I know, but I've got the cheapest cable package. It was that or my choice of 3 shopping channels). I was disturbed to note Joss credited as a writer. Eew.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home