<

Friday, December 31, 2004

100 Things about Me, Part 1

Had trouble with some regular posting, so thought I would start working on a 100 Things List about me--here goes:

1. I am a native Chicagoan, born inside the city limits.
2. I am a native North Sider (Rogers Park)
3. Therefore I am congenitally bound to the Cubs for life.
4. I currently live in St. Louis
5. I am married to another Episcopal priest.
6. We should start the therapy fund for any potential offspring soon.
7. We are currently housing Wilbur (small, fluffy, passive aggresive and adorable) and Hootie, short for Houdini (long, muscular, shorthair and a lap cat).
8. I went to the University of Illinois in Urbana.
9. Therefore I find the colors orange and navy blue to a be a normal and potentially attractive combination.
10. I own seventy five Star Trek books which I carefully collected with my allowance as a child.
11. I have a Doctor Who book signed by Peter Davison.
12. My large toenail is growing back in after losing it hiking in Bryce Canyon National Park this summer.
13. I was double promoted and skipped first grade.
14. I learned to drive when I was 23 and living in Arizona.
15. I lived in Tucson for 8 years.
16. in 8th grade I was voted "most likely to have her nose in a book."

That's enough for now.

Mostly I am also thinking about the unbelievable death toll coming out of Asia. I could conceive of 40,000 dead--these current numbers -I think I heard 130,000? are beyond my imagination. Yesterday I donated on our behalf to Episcopal Relief and Development but it seems so insignificant. Although it's easy for us to feel poor, David and I have SO MUCH, and we take so much of it for granted. And I think that's not a bad thought to be pondering as we head into the New Year.


1 Comments:

At 11:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi, emily!

lovely website. i like that you started your 100 things list. i'm trying to work up the nerves to pull one together. i'm going to refer to yours for inspiration.

thuy [twee]
www.schmeebot.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home