<

Thursday, December 29, 2005

Gift Knitting Revealed

This was finished a while ago and then it went to St. Louis, so now I can post details for the record:

 


This was my first cable project and I was very pleased with it. I picked out the color (or lack thereof) right after I finished my black purse. Having dealt with the joys of knitting black yarn (did I drop a stitch? did I add a stitch? how do I pick up the #+%*$! stitches at the base?) the cream color looked very soothing.

Pattern: Yours Truly Cabled Scarf from the one and only Jennifer P. at Gourmet Yarn
Needles: Size 15 Denises
Yarn: 2 skeins Crystal Palace Iceland Posted by Picasa

7 Comments:

At 9:52 AM, Blogger Annie said...

Awesome! I don't believe I have ever seen such a large cable. And it looks warm.

 
At 9:59 AM, Blogger Cathy said...

Your scarf is lovely. The cream color makes the cable very visible. We need a virtual KNIT IN!

 
At 10:37 AM, Blogger kay_okc said...

Pretty pretty!! How do you manage to get so much knitting done?? I'm envious! lol

 
At 2:41 PM, Blogger Emily said...

Thanks all!

Kay--that scarf got done awhile ago, I'm still plotzing along on the scarf I had at the guild meeting, along with some bulky weight house socks on Magic Loop.

 
At 3:51 PM, Blogger Susan said...

How do you keep your cable so even!?! Very nice!

 
At 8:29 AM, Blogger see-through faith said...

it's lovely... and just the thing for Finland ... I mean for your neck of the woods (grin)

 
At 10:21 AM, Blogger Beth said...

Very nice. Cables...not just for breakfast anymore.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home