<

Friday, December 30, 2005

Year in Review

Year in Review Meme (via Ballad of Yoko)

Record the first sentence of the first post of each month on your blog for the past year.

January 2005:
For some time I've wondered about a webring for those of us bloggers who are also Episcopalian.

February 2005:
Is there anyone besides me troubled by the idea of the "ownership society?"

March 2005:
Yesterday I had the good fortune to meet Archbishop Ndungane of Southern Africa, who is on a tour of the US, and is spending a couple of days in St. Louis.

April 2005:
I'm not going to go into detail about why I haven't been posting much or reading and posting on others, so let's just say: ancient computer, Holy Week, moving, taxes, automobile repair.

May 2005
We called the movers Sunday night and asked for help. . .we're just not as young as we used to be and can't pull those packing all-nighters anymore

June 2005
Baby grasshopper body count: only 1 today

July 2005
So I had the opportunity to hang out overnight at our diocesan camp out at St. Crispin's earlier in the week.

August 2005
I've reconstructed this sermon from some extemporaneous preaching yesterday at Shawnee.

September 2005
Without vision  the people perish.

October 2005
Did you ever notice that there are some services that, for no reason, take on a life of their own with our mistakes?

November 2005
A couple of years ago, a young man in the congregation I was serving committed suicide in jail the evening before he was to plead guilty to killing his mother.

December 2005
We interrupt these meditations
to raise an important issue (tongue firmly planted in cheek).

3 Comments:

At 10:27 AM, Blogger Mary Beth said...

Thanks for this! I've done it, too!

 
At 12:37 PM, Blogger Annie said...

Wow! I know that I have read most of these posts, but some of them sound so fascinating I might just have to dig through your archives.

 
At 8:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

a novel way of looking back!

blessed 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home