<

Monday, December 01, 2008

Domesticities

Happy Advent! I'm not quite as into Advent as I sometimes am, it arrived so quickly on the heels of Thanksgiving. But I still love this season of wreaths and holy waiting.

 



In search of a quiet day with just the two of us, I ordered a Thanksgiving dinner for two from the OKC Museum of Art, who provided us with more ham than I can imagine eating and two poussins. We supplemented their fare with some cooking of my own. (See, I cook! Proof!)

 


Carrots, potatoes, onions, celery. . .and roasted garlic, to squeeze out of its papery skin at the end. DH doesn't like roasted garlic--all the more for me, my dear.

Roasted vegetables. . .mmm (Mark Bittman's recipe in How to Cook Everything

Meanwhile, I am sadly at the end of Noro Kureyon #124. Discontinued colorway. Out of seven skeins, I've squeezed a Lopi Lace Scarf, Maine Morning Mitts and the Entrelac Scarf seen here:

 


Cold weather has finally arrived in Oklahoma, so I finally get to wear some of my wooly handknits. Now if I could just finish those alpaca/wool socks sitting in my Piddleloop bag. . .
Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

At 9:17 PM, Blogger Fran / Blue Gal said...

gorgeous scarf!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home