<

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

but wait, there's more

I forgot to mention that the small church thing is happening again this week. I turned up at the course, and the Director of Music worked with my mother on a Bishop's Commission on Music in Chicago many years ago, and that there is a whole family from my sponsoring congregation in Champaign attending as students (the Mom is not, but she was on my discernment committee).

You can move to a whole new diocese, in a brand new state (gonna make it great! whoops, sorry, started channelling Oklahoma!), but if you're an Episcopalian, you're never really a stranger. We might be weird, quirky and preoccupied with our own issues, but we are a living illustration of the connection of the communion of saints.

And we do make pretty noises at Evensong.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home