<

Thursday, July 07, 2005

Knitting Content #2

Perforated Edge scarf from Little Box of Scarves. Berroco Foliage on #10 needles. I liked this yarn, 1/2 wool, 1/2 acrylic. Very soft. Like Lion Brand Landscapes but a little thinner. Frogging was easier than on any other projects because the little loops stayed standing up long enough for me to catch them with the needle! I only had to crochet hook one or two times per frog. Lesson I have learned on this scarf, and on the previous two projects: I am too much of an ENFP to dare setting a project down. I've managed to finish these projects because I didn't take on anything else in that time. All this knitting is helping develop my perseverance and patience but Oh, Lord, it's hard. (Psalm 225, vs.1)
 Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

At 2:42 PM, Blogger Beth said...

Emily, it's so good to see knitting content! What a beautiful scarf; I love that yarn. How wonderful. I might be moving to Cincinnati...got any good religious insight like you did for Twin Falls (which, by the way, was dead on and very valuable.)

 
At 7:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, Emily. Here's a belated comment and big favor request about your perforated edge scarf. Lovely job!

I'm a beginning knitter who picked up the Little Box of Scarves last October. Since then, I've had great success with several patterns -- feather and fan, chevron and feather, pashmina rib (which I knit with a bulky, super soft alpaca since cashmere was outside my budget). I first knit the perforated edge scarf with a monotone alpaca boucle, which didn't do the pattern justice, though threading gold braid through the perforated edge helped a lot.

More recently, I started my second perforated edge scarf, this time with a variegated wool a friend gave me. I'm nearing the end, and it looks great! Only I've run into a problem -- I've misplaced the pattern card! Doing the body is no problem -- I have the row 1: k3, yo, knit to end; row 2: k2, k2tog, yo, k2tog, knit to end down pat. But I don't know what decrease pattern to use to finish the scarf! And I don't know enough about knitting yet to figure it out from the beginning, or from the first perforated edge scarf I knit!

If you're willing, I'd really appreciate it if you would send me the pattern instructions for decreasing rows at the end. That's the only part I need to finish my own scarf.

My email address is gfs@toad-hall.com.

Many thanks for considering this. Happy knitting!

Geri Sullivan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home