<

Thursday, September 15, 2005

it's raining friends and relatives

and it's just been raining, period. We are gathering tonight for husband's installation at his church, so we have friends in from out of town. And my in-laws tried to get here yesterday--their first flight was cancelled, their airline went into bankruptcy, their second flight was diverted to Tulsa, their final flight sat on the runway during a storm before finally arriving here in OKC at 1:30.

Yet they had enough pep to join us for lunch at Pearl's on Lake Hefner, and to do some sightseeing via auto around the lake, various spots of Episcopalian notoriety, and the Memorial.

Between lightning and entertaining I simply haven't been around the computer very much, but I hope to be again shortly, maybe even with pictures from the Celebration of New Ministry!

2 Comments:

At 5:02 PM, Blogger Barbara said...

Now that the rain is gone, it's not nearly as hot-n-muggy as I expected, so I.... opened up the house! Shock! It's lovely out. Many blessings on your husband's ministry; may tonight be indeed a celebration! Perhaps next week or... sometime we could get together n knit n chat -- life is calmer for me now.

And, what are these spots of Episcopalian notoriety?? Inquiring minds wanna know, LOL.

I passed the Memorial on Tuesday on a rare trip to the City and said a little prayer. Sigh.

 
At 7:39 AM, Blogger frog said...

Yep, I think I need to know more about the spots of Episcopalian notoriety. Made me laugh right out loud...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home