<

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Knitting Content

A few recently finished objects:



Child's Rainbow Scarf from Last-Minute Knitted Gifts . Two skeins of Noro Kureyon, size 9 needles. These were not the original shades in the book; I was at a yarn shop that carried Kureyon and took a wild guess. I'm very pleased with this; it does need a relaxing bath and some light blocking. I learned something about color with this project: sometimes you need colors in a project that you don't actually like to heighten the power of the other colors. Sounds like a good metaphor for ministry as well. I would happily do this pattern again as I was always fascinated by the change in colors, and I wonder if other stitch patterns would work.





Mostly Knit-Round Hat from Sally Melville's The Knit Stitch . Cascade 220. The beginnings of a Christmas present. Not a good photo, but I'm not a good hat wearer and the cats object to the wearing of clothing, so I've posed it on top of a Triscuit box.

3 Comments:

At 2:33 PM, Blogger Susie/Nueva Cantora said...

How did you learn to knit, Emily? I think it would be a fun hobby.

 
At 3:06 PM, Blogger Emily said...

Hi Susie!

It is fun--I'll post how it all came about.

 
At 9:46 AM, Blogger Beth said...

I love the scarf! The stitch pattern really shows off the colors in the yarn.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home