<

Monday, October 24, 2005

Knitting Episcopalians

Cathy emailed me with a great idea today, to start a ring for knitting (blogging) Episcopalians. So without further ado, you can join us by clicking on the new link in my sidebar.

We have a blog set up as well at Knitting Episcopalians (cleverly subtitled "knitting the Via Media together," we'll put links on there as we get more organized, and especially point you to a knitting retreat at Kanuga this January.

If we get tremendously organized, we could have a photo gallery of completed objects, so that people without a blog could still send us stuff to post.

Maybe we can organize knit-ins at General Convention or other Episcopal gathering times/places.

9 Comments:

At 8:09 PM, Blogger Emily said...

Hi Steph--welcome! Maybe we could all wear t-shirts that read "I'd rather be knitting."

 
At 9:02 PM, Blogger Cathy said...

Sounds like t-shirt in the making!
Cathy

 
At 9:20 PM, Blogger Beth said...

I like blogrings... but I'm not sure I'm qualified for this one. I don't knit anything particularly complicated, and I really never blog about it, because my knitting isn't that interesting.

 
At 9:33 PM, Blogger Emily said...

Eh, just post about something you knit every once in a while. Posting on the blog is a great way of keeping track of what I've done, interesting or not. In fact, I use it as incentive to actually FINISH objects.

We'd love you in the ring. The more the merrier!

 
At 4:49 AM, Blogger Cathy said...

Beth,
You don't knit anything interesting?

I can get excited about a plain washcloth - I have knit enough of them for charity this fall! Yes, please join us!

Annie,
Knitters are an enabling bunch of folks....
Cathy

 
At 4:55 PM, Blogger Cathy said...

Annie,
Worse things could happen. :)
Cathy

 
At 6:46 PM, Blogger Cathy said...

Annie, will you join us in the ring?
Cathy

 
At 7:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I could knit! I crochet big squares and that's about it. The stitches I've cast on my knitting needle ends up never leaving it. Maybe I'll take lessons? BTW, blogging is completely foreign to me but I love reading them. FHS

 
At 7:29 PM, Blogger Emily said...

Hi Violet,

Hands-on instruction is definitely the way to go. I paid for an hour at a local yarn shop and it was definitely worth it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home