<

Saturday, November 19, 2005

diocesan convention

First off, hat tip to Barbara for all the work she did as a major player on the convention host committee. A woo and a hoo.

There are some photos and I want to share some of the wisdom Bishop Rowthorn shared with us. There were some resolutions passed, and some knitting was done. Lots of new names and faces. The food was some of the best convention food I have ever eaten, and since I have done time in both academia and the church, that's saying something.

Also, I had the opportunity to play pool while wearing a clergy collar--although, considering that whatever skill I used to have with a pool cue seems to have evaporated, perhaps I should redescribe my actions as "pointing pool cues at balls and sending them all over the pool table without them actually going into the pocket." But still, it seemed to provoke great mirth from those who passed by the games room after the Friday evening banquet, seeing the clergy couple shooting pool. Which means, I think, that we Episcopalians need to get out a whole lot more.

Mostly, I'm just tired. I've just felt out of it all day, and am really happy to be back home with the cats, who responded appropriately to my return by promptly gifting me with a hairball.

2 Comments:

At 9:04 AM, Blogger Barbara said...

Thanks for the warm words; woo hoo becomes "whew!" when I say it, lol! I really want to hear a bit about Bishop Rowthorn's reflections. I was busy elsewhere so missed them. That is so great that you played pool in the end. Great fun! Sorry about the cat gift, though.

 
At 9:35 AM, Blogger Emily said...

I've got photos posted, now I have to dig up the ordo with my notes from Saturday morning's meditation.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home