<

Monday, November 14, 2005

Knit One, Meme Two

Cathy tagged me, and I now become part of the tag team....


What is your all-time favorite yarn to knit with?

I'm still new to this whole knitting thing, but I hate to say I've become a big fan of Cascade 220. For cost, mileage, stitch definition, ease of winding on winder, variety of colors. It seems to be "tribbling" in my stash (as in fruitful and multiplying.)

The worst thing you've ever knit?
Whatever it is, I seem to have blocked it from my memory. I try to abide by Maggie Righetti's instructions to let it go if it's not working out. I'm sure there will be disasters down the road, probably gauge-related.perience.

Most valuable knitting technique?

Knitting in the round--no seams!

Your most favorite knit pattern?The thing I've most enjoyed knitting was Clapotis from Knitty. I loved that it was simple, yet the way it's done on the bias makes it so sophisticated. Also, as mine came out very big, I love wrapping myself up in it when I'm sitting at the computer on a chilly morning.

Favorite knitwear designer? Still too new--there are people whose designs I've liked, but I haven't knit anything from them yet to see how the pattern fits together.

Best knit book or magazine?
I always enjoy looking at Interweave, and lately I've found myself enjoying the British magazine Simply Knitting.

Favorite Book?
I learned to knit from Melanie Falick's Kids Knitting and Debbie Stoller's Stitch and Bitch. Their diagrams and illustrations were very helpful to me.

Your favorite knit blogs? (To be fair, I'm going to only list people I don't actually know personally. ) Well, who can resist the power of the Yarn Harlot. With Cathy I'm enjoying Mason Dixon Knitting and Sandy Knits. There's Margene at Zeneedle. There's Franklin Oh, dear. I have a long secret Bloglines list that I won't reveal lest you think I'm completely mad. And The Blue Blog for her creativity and generosity in organizing cool knitalongs. And

The knit item you wear the most?
Clapotis. But it just hasn't been cold enough to wear much of the knitted stuff yet.

I'll tag Barbara although I'm sure this is the last thing she wants to do in the middle of diocesan convention and Lydia (well, there's a diocesan convention going on there, too). And Yarn Envy Beth, who may be too busy with things other than a diocesan convention. And Songbird, if she hasn't already been tagged already. And if there are any other RevGalBlogPal knitters who want to jump in, consider yourself tagged!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home