<

Friday, November 11, 2005

Ready for the Feast of Harry Potter

You know, I was taking a nice nap in my chair in the morning sun, when all of a sudden the female human in the household picked me up (and not very nicely, I might add) and plopped me on the dining room table. Then she started draping this--this scarf thing around me and fussing with it. Then she had the nerve to take my picture before eight o'clock in the morning. Your average bear does not look his best at that hour--see, I'm still in my bathrobe.





Well, I'll have to make it up to Benjamin Bear somehow.

Details: HiP Scarf from Alison atThe Blue Blog
Yarn: Cascade 220 (1 skein each burgundy and gold)
Needles: Size 5 Denises
I tried Lucy Neatby's cold-water blocking method. I used my lawn chair on the patio, covered it with a beach towel, and pinned it out on that, then spritzed it with cold water and left it overnight.

So now I'm ready for November 18th! Except that it's our diocesan convention. Well, maybe I'll wear it to that. . .

Thanks, Alison, for letting me join in the fun a little late!

Posted by Picasa

8 Comments:

At 12:52 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Emily, it's stunning!

 
At 1:20 PM, Blogger Emily said...

Thanks, Songbird!

 
At 2:40 PM, Blogger Cathy said...

How fun
the bear certainly does not appreciate the scarf you lovingly knitted.

I love blog postings like this...
Cathy

 
At 5:18 PM, Blogger Emily said...

Yes, he even looks grumpy, doesn't he?

 
At 10:28 PM, Blogger Jane Dark said...

Gorgeous. Can one celebrate the Feast of Potter by carrying around hordes of books like Hermione?

 
At 8:11 AM, Blogger Ruth said...

Grumpy or not, Benjamin looks great in his scarf.

 
At 2:51 PM, Blogger Erin said...

Awesome!! You're making me want to make one now... the bear looks a bit disgruntled, but he'll get in the Harry Potter spirit soon enough :o)

 
At 3:26 PM, Blogger Emily said...

Hi Ruth and Erin,

Thanks for the compliments. I think Benjamin can be persuaded to lighten up with a discreet application of chocolate.

Jane,

Doesn't every grad student channel Hermione in this way? (smile)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home