<

Friday, December 30, 2005

Dear Whistle and Fish

I know you're having a hard day. I wanted you to know that in a case of feline solidarity I fought all the way allowed myself to go to the vet this morning for my daily dose of food and fluids while the humans try to cure me of my cold disrupt my daily napping.

In sympathy with my friends down south, I howled all the way at the outrage of going to the vet. My female human seemed only to be concerned with the quantity of my sneezing, and she wouldn't allow the other cats to play with me at the vet.

She also told the other humans in the waiting room that I had a finely tuned sense of injustice. What nerve. Also she mentioned that at home they're starting to call me "Baby Darth" because of the breathing noise I make with all the congestion. Hmph.

Still, the food tasted good to me today and I even ate some when we got home. The female human said things like, "finally!" and "good job." She gave me lots of love and made sure I had nice warm places to sleep in this afternoon.

I know you'll be back on your feet in no time and that your human staff will take very good care of you.

Yours in veterinary drama,

Houdini

 
 Posted by Picasa

9 Comments:

At 12:33 PM, Blogger mibi52/ The Rev. Dr. Mary Brennan Thorpe said...

I love the way Houdini crosses his paws. Very elegant. Our two, Spooky and Mia, tend to tie themselves up into tiny Turkish knots when they sllep. Spooky takes the foot of the bed or the official cat table (outfitted with a sheepskin and a towel) in the upstairs hall, and mia sleeps on my (used to white) pillow. fortunately, this is simply a decorative pillow for humans...

 
At 12:45 PM, Blogger Annie said...

Dear Houdini,
I am so pleased to hear that your appetite it returning. Having suffered a few colds myself over the years, I know how dreadful they can be. Sneeze attacks are not nearly as funny as my pet seems to think they are. The worst thing, of course, is the waiting room at the vets office. I hate dogs, you know--even when I am not feeling quite up to snuff.

I'm going to have to run right along now. As it turns out, I'm not feeling all that well these days. My human seems to have caught me being a bit on the stiff side last night and I'm currently hiding from her to prevent the very humilation of a visit to the vet myself.

Take care and keep us posted on your recovery.

Your friend,
Black Kitty

My

 
At 1:58 PM, Blogger Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

Oh Houdini....you look so regal!

~laffin at the line *Yours in veterinary drama*~

 
At 3:10 PM, Blogger Procrastiknitter said...

I just ventured onto your blog in the last few weeks. As a transplanted Oklahoman in Nebraska, I enjoy reading the blogs of people from "home". Hope that Houdini is feeling better soon!

 
At 3:18 PM, Blogger Emily said...

Houdini thanks all of you for your support. I saw him eat some more food at home this morning and later this afternoon so hopefully we don't have to worry about him so much anymore.

mibi--isn't it amazing how cats find the white objects?

Black Kitty--I hope you're feeling better, too. Don't forget to eat. It makes the humans cranky.

Princess--Royalty always recognizes its own!

Procrastiknitter--welcome! My mom grew up in Nebraska. I'm enjoying getting to know Oklahoma, and having Authentic Oklahoma Cultural Experiences.

 
At 6:19 PM, Blogger St. Casserole said...

Dear Houdini,
We are sorry that you are sick. We don't feel too well ourselves. Did you get cat cookies at the vet? We didn't either. Didn't get furry mice toys. We are NOT going back there.
The only part of the trip we liked was going home.

Whistle and Fish

 
At 7:13 PM, Blogger kay_okc said...

Houdini,

What a beautiful pose!! So elegant and refined. No one would ever know you are suffering from a cold and humans who upset your comfort zone. I know you are on the road to recovery.

 
At 9:02 PM, Blogger Emily said...

W & F--

No cat cookies in sight, although I'm pretty psyched about the rainbow trout something or other the female is feeding me.

Kay--The female staff person took this shot of me before the cold. I'm starting to be myself again. I rolled around on the floor and chased a feathery toy this evening, so definitely better.

 
At 9:12 PM, Blogger Annie said...

Dear Houdini,
I'm so glad to hear that you have been playing the feather game.

I hid from the humans all day until I was certain that they couldn't take me to the vet. I'm safe now until Tuesday, I believe. I'm feeling better too and I have just finished eating a small plate of chicken.

Have a happy, sneeze free, New Year!

Black Kitty

 

Post a Comment

<< Home