<

Friday, February 17, 2006

RevGal Friday Five

1) Which of the Winter Olympic sports is your favorite to watch?

I really enjoy watching most of them, because the danger of doing complicated sports on ice and snow really intrigues me.

2) Do you speak Snowboardese? I can channel an early variant, Valley Girl speak, like, that's so gnarly. But I can't understand half of what the announcers are saying.

3) Define Nordic Combined. Don't look it up. Take a guess if you must. Human being throws body off ski jump. If said human is lucky to still be alive, then he or she has the good fortune of having to cross country ski until their thighs turn to jelly.

4) Curling. Please discuss. I still can't figure it out. I watched part of a game the other day, and I had no idea what was going on. I am an anthropologist by training and I have multiple degrees in higher education AND a subscription to Sports Illustrated and I still couldn't deduce what was happening.

5) If you could be a Winter Olympics Champion just by wishing for it, which sport would you choose for winning your Gold Medal? I always like the speed skaters, but I have to say the energy of the snowboarding events seemed pretty attractive.

2 Comments:

At 4:31 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Thighs indeed turn to jelly. :-)

 
At 8:13 PM, Blogger kay_okc said...

You did far better than I would have done. Except I would choose my gold medal in figure skating. So graceful and limber.....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home