<

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

in for a tune-up

Although I didn't particularly take these on as a Lenten action, it did seem entirely appropriate during the early part of the week that I found a couple of very necessary people in my life: a spiritual director and a dentist.

Now one of these is much more fun to go visit than the other. A mere 20 minutes away from our home is a small monastery of Sisters of St. Benedict, out on the plains. It was chilly and rainy, with gorgeous clouds and that kind of dark sunshine you get mixed with rain. And the monastery cat gave me the full figure eight treatment. All good signs for a place I look forward to returning to again.

Tuesday's visit was much less scenic, although in the end a pleasant surprise. I seem to have found myself a genuinely friendly dentist with a gentle chairside manner (and big bay windows in front of the chairs--bonus). And the problem I thought I was having was much, much less than I feared (I was imagining abscesses and extractions).

A fitting bookend to a weekend of rest and birthday celebrations (and yes, photos coming soon. . .)

4 Comments:

At 11:04 AM, Blogger kay_okc said...

Glad to hear all went well!! I might need that dentist's name. lol

 
At 4:49 PM, Blogger Procrastiknitter said...

Sounds like a good weekend.

Is there anyway you could email the way to the Oklahoma Knitters yahoo group? I'd really appreciate it. My email is breahough@aol.com

Thanks in advance!

 
At 9:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did having to administer medicine to Houdini necessitate the need for a spiritual director? :-)

 
At 9:26 AM, Blogger Annie said...

I don't need to say that I envy you, do I? The dentist business ... well, unfortunately that's the part of your day that I do get to share the experience of--tomorrow morning.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home