<

Saturday, March 11, 2006

this is your brain

on a new job.

I love my new job; it's my first chance to really be in charge of a congregation, even if it is an interim position.

But I've discovered that the energy to get up to speed in a new place has really also, well, made me stupid in other areas.

The last time I was in charge in a congregation, it was temporary--and it was a congregation I knew very well. This is quite different.

So there have been some stupid things that have happened. Things I have done, things I have left undone. Some I can't blog about, but the outward sign of my inward state was smacking the passenger side mirror off the car on the garage last week (mirror is now replaced, and duct tape remnants scraped off, to the tune of $$$, which, added to the $$$ for some power steering work and $$$ for an oil leak, also contributed to my spacey mood this week).

Lord, I'm slowly learning to accept that I'm not perfect, but if you could put my brain back together for next week, I'd really, really appreciate it.

4 Comments:

At 10:52 AM, Blogger kay_okc said...

Emily, you will get it all together fine. I know when I've started a new job I felt lost then I'd have a light click on and think I have it!! Only to realize a few weeks later or days...that I didn't. It's a process and you will walk along the path "gathering" the info that you need to do the wonderful job you want to do.

 
At 3:01 PM, Blogger Emily said...

Actually, I feel fine at work--but it's the concentration it's requiring to succeed at work that's leading to ditziness in other life areas.

Thank goodness for knitty friends who keep me sane.

 
At 9:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not "stupid in other areas" but "less focused in other areas!"

This too shall pass. Count it all joy because in a couple of months it won't even bother you! (I always ask myself, will I even remeber this incident in a year or two. The answer is usually no)

 
At 7:46 AM, Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

Having a new job has always caused me to have a rather confused state for *some time*. I used to joke that I was on the *5 year orientation plan*...and have that be my goal so as to not become too frustrated. : )

I'm praying for you to have a wondeful and blessed week.

Shelly

 

Post a Comment

<< Home