<

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

I am so easily amused

by NPR weather.

Back in St. Louis, we had Ben Abel (or Able, I was never sure). He always signed off with, "I'm meteorologist, Ben Abel." After a few tries, one could say it along with him. While driving, "I'm meteorologist, Ben Abel."

Here in OKC, we have access to two NPR stations. The one out of Stillwater (home of Oklahoma State) proclaims on a regular basis, "The Oklahoma State temperature is. . ." They really make it sound like there's one official temperature for the entire state.

Like I said, easily amused (and kind of writer's blocked as well).

1 Comments:

At 9:18 PM, Blogger Questing Parson said...

Well, count your blessings. I'm living between to large cities. And I'm far enough from each to be unable to get either's NPR station without accompaning static.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home