<

Saturday, April 08, 2006

well, it was either this or write some sermons

I cleaned the house.

And it felt good, because I felt not just like I was cleaning the house, but that I was doing it to prepare for next week. At first I started cleaning because I didn't want to spend Holy Week looking for missing items (we probably still will, but I've reduced the odds slightly). As the day went on, I started to feel a real joy--not usually a sensation I associate with housework--something about being ready to start fresh on Easter.

I wouldn't say I scrubbed from top to bottom, but I did tons of laundry, cleaned the kitchen, and did major work on the patio, so that after Easter it will be ready for some new plants. Handwashed some sweaters with some new Kookaburra woolwash from Gourmet Yarn, chased the Houdini down with antibiotics (yes, we're still coping with the eye infection) and even pitched some things out of the garage.

Oh, and I think I've solved the crucifix problem for Good Friday.

Houdini and Wilbur slept through the whole thing.

2 Comments:

At 11:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's called productive avoidance--a term I coined back in college when I would write my folks a letter rather than do my homework. :-)
Good luck with the sermons--a power surge yesterday sent the sermons being written at our house out into the place where unfinished sermons go. There was much weeping and gnashing of teeth but then techie son recovered most of it.

 
At 6:24 PM, Blogger kay_okc said...

While you are in the cleaning mode, would you like to drop by my house? lol When I am really upset or ticked off about something I can channel all that energy into cleaning. I'm so busy grumbling in my head that I don't realize what my hands are doing. lol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home