Friday Fivevia the RevGalBlogPals:
1. Favorite birthday cake/ice cream/dessert
My mom used to make this Austrian production called an Oblatentorte--nothing but wafers with chocolate in the middle, then a chocolate ganache on top.
2. Surprise Parties -- have you ever given or received one? Last year a friend and I surprised husband for a birthday of significance: since he loves all thing Twilight Zone, we decorated the room with all sorts of Zone type goodies, and I got him a black birthday cake with stars on it. . .
3. Favorite birthday present--I really can't top the whole spinning wheel thing that husband did for me this year--although last year's digital camera has certainly gotten its use!
4. What do you think of those candles that won't blow out? They're fun the first time. . .
5. Best. birthday. ever. Acutally, this year was really lovely. The church surprised me with a birthday party after the 10:30 service, husband surprised me with the spinning wheel, and it was a knitting guild weekend, and some of us went out to dinner afterwards for yet another party.