<

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

on the way to Emmaus

A funny thing happened on the way to Emmaus--

there were only two of us at church today for our midweek Eucharist--something I was a little down about.

Then I went to get the Gospel book and realized I had marked the wrong day in the book, and flipped it over to Wednesday.

The Gospel for today in the Episcopal lectionary was Jesus appearing to the disciples on the road to Emmaus. That would be Jesus appearing to two disciples, interpreting Scripture to them, being made known to them in the breaking of the bread.

Thwok--(the sound of the spiritual 2 X 4).

It only takes two.

6 Comments:

At 7:56 AM, Blogger Annie said...

Oh! I could use a spiritual 2x4 right now! That's the passage in all of scripture that haunts me most and has caused more tears in church because I remember it and try to recognize Jesus in the breaking of the bread.

 
At 8:01 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

This has been the week for the 2X4's, for sure. Hope your head is only smartened and not smarting!

 
At 8:46 AM, Blogger HeyJules said...

I love those holy 2x4's!

 
At 4:05 PM, Blogger see-through faith said...

hallelujah. I rejoice with you :)

 
At 9:33 PM, Blogger kay_okc said...

Would that be equivalent to an "aha!" moment? lol

 
At 10:52 PM, Blogger Questing Parson said...

This will preach!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home