<

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

d'oh!

The whole sprained ankle affair taught me a couple of things:

The practical:

1) Don't deliver Mobile Meals to homebound seniors in heels on the stairs in the rain

On a more serious note:

Part of the events surrounding my little tumble was finding out a parishioner was dying, my haste to finish out a delivery so I could get to the hospital led to the fall. Over the next few days, I could only do funeral planning from sofaside (although it's amazing what one can do with wireless Internet and a laptop, and the cordless phone, as well as assorted TV remotes--wait, THAT didn't have anything to do with work). Which was so frustrating to me, because I definitely believe in spending time with grieving families, sitting with them, being with them, planning the service in person--and there was nothing I could do. I could not put any weight on that foot for awhile--especially not if I hoped to lead Sunday worship or preside at the memorial service.

Today a parishioner told me how meaningful the memorial service was. And I got hit, upside the head as always, with the fact that IT'S NOT ABOUT ME. God took care of it. We planned as best we could, and God took care of the rest.

Unfortunately, I doubt that will be the last time I'm going to learn this particular lesson.

5 Comments:

At 9:03 PM, Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

I'm so glad you're gradually feeling better. And, I think we all keep learning this lesson....over and over.

I hope you're having a wonderful week!

 
At 10:45 PM, Blogger Sophia said...

Injured ankles are just so lousy. Wishing you a speedy recovery!

 
At 5:09 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I'm catching up and send belated healing wishes.

 
At 6:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's not about us ... shock horror and a sigh of relief.

hope you feel better soon Em.

 
At 11:16 AM, Blogger Procrastiknitter said...

So golad that you are feeling better! ((HUGS)) and God always has a way of putting things into perspective for us.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home