<

Friday, May 05, 2006

Friday Five

via the RevGalBlogPals:

1. Favorite birthday cake/ice cream/dessert

My mom used to make this Austrian production called an Oblatentorte--nothing but wafers with chocolate in the middle, then a chocolate ganache on top.

2. Surprise Parties -- have you ever given or received one? Last year a friend and I surprised husband for a birthday of significance: since he loves all thing Twilight Zone, we decorated the room with all sorts of Zone type goodies, and I got him a black birthday cake with stars on it. . .

3. Favorite birthday present--I really can't top the whole spinning wheel thing that husband did for me this year--although last year's digital camera has certainly gotten its use!

4. What do you think of those candles that won't blow out? They're fun the first time. . .

5. Best. birthday. ever. Acutally, this year was really lovely. The church surprised me with a birthday party after the 10:30 service, husband surprised me with the spinning wheel, and it was a knitting guild weekend, and some of us went out to dinner afterwards for yet another party.

1 Comments:

At 10:03 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Is it bad of me to envy the spinning wheel? (What I want even more at this point in my life, though, is a ball winder.)
Your mother's cake sounds delicious!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home