<

Monday, December 03, 2007

My head is too big

Well, it probably is in that way, too, but I'm talking about knitting.

I spent last night working on the Santa Hat from Handknit Holidays. I figure with the stretch of a knitted fabric, I could get away with the woman's size. I knitted to gauge (oh, you know where this is going. . .)

Too small. With the bobbles and the bind-off. . .well, you get the picture. (And no, there's not going to be a picture).

Well, I'll find someone who needs a Santa hat. . .

5 Comments:

At 4:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You could at least post a picture of the hat alone. :-)

 
At 5:05 PM, Blogger Emily said...

Actually, I tried it on Benjamin Bear and it fits perfectly! So when I get a chance I'll get a photo of that.

 
At 7:31 AM, Blogger Linda said...

Donate it?

 
At 8:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

gauge? What's that? :)) very cute bear hat, perfectly re-purposed

Martha from Via Media

 
At 11:25 AM, Blogger Barbara said...

Yeah, hat stretchiness is over-rated. Or, I knit a hat - intended for me - perfectly to gauge and it wouldn't fit a baby doll, much less Benjamin Bear. Love the Fair Isle stuff I was doing, but it could not be rescued, so I frogged it completely. Sigh.

I LOVE that Santa hat in any size!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home