<

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Side Trips and Meanderings

You know you're working in Oklahoma when:

You are making a pastoral call at the hospital on the day of the big OU-Texas game, and as you walk down the hallway, looking for the room your parishioner is in, you hear snippets of the game from every room you pass.

(I even watched a few seconds myself down in the surgical waiting room with the little crowd that had gathered around the big screen TV there).

My own alma mater is 3 and 0 in conference play, a feat that is making me consider revisiting orange and blue as a fashion statement. They need all the help I can get.

I'll leave you with a favorite shot from our whirlwind Midwestern tour from the summer. This museum in Austin, Minnesota is definitely worth the trip.

2 Comments:

At 1:34 PM, Blogger Padre Mickey said...

OMG! Is that David Stock standing next to the happy spam can?
He's yer ol' man?
Ask him about our trip with the Panama Project oh, so many years ago.
Or, come by and check out my blog.

Padre Mickey de Panamá

 
At 3:07 PM, Blogger Dawgdays said...

We stopped at the SPAM Museum on our way to seminary. We needed t fill up the cars, and I had seen the signs for the museum along the road.

I wouldn't make a special trip, but it was worth the stop to see the entire Monty Python SPAM skit. I had never seen the whole thing before.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home