<

Thursday, September 27, 2007

dinner for two

With two clergy people with odd schedules in the house, and cats who have so far resisted all attempts to train them to take on any share in the domestic affairs of the household, dinner is sometimes a hit or miss affair.

We had a real winner last night, and I'm documenting this so I can remember:

one box Coconut Ginger Rice (one of those Thai mixes in the Asian foods aisle)

extra-firm tofu
one zucchini
a handful of carrots
one red pepper
onion and garlic

I sauteed the veggies and the tofu and tossed them in with the rice mix while it was cooking. At the end I mixed in dried cranberries, almonds and green onions, and drizzled it with lime juice.

Given that we polished the whole thing off last night, I would say it was a hit.

The Coconut Ginger rice mix definitely needs a little sweet something to balance out some of the curry flavors. I think next time I might toss in golden raisins or another dried fruit that's a little sweeter than the cranberries.

Satisfaction of a home-cooked meal AND bonus points for using things in the pantry stash.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 6:41 PM, Blogger Identity Mixed said...

I have often said that if cats and dogs had opposable thumbs, my life would be different!

 
At 8:12 AM, Blogger St. Casserole said...

Congrats on a good meal. I hope for good meals but end up with just meals most of the time.

I love Thai food and curries.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home