<

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Red Dirt Big Bad Baby Blanket

So, how's that knitting a mile thing coming?



More stash-busting. This is more from the "I'm stressed and I can relax if I just go to the Michael's around the corner from the church and stare at the yarn and oops! How did that yarn get in my basket?" stash.

But since I found out at the register the yarn was about $1.99 a ball on clearance, that makes this a $6 blanket.


Pattern: Big Bad Baby Blanket from Stitch 'n' Bitch
Yarn: Patons Classic Merino, color "Regency." Just under 3 skeins.
Needles: Size 7 Denises. I dropped down from the recommended 9 for the pattern to get a nice tight seed stitch.

Speaking of which. . .a border of seed-stitch (20 rows on each end) has whipped my seed stitch into tighter shape. Unfortunately, that means you can tell which end was the cast-on end.

And I gotta tell you, 40 rows of seed stitch for a border, and nothing but seed stitch and stockinette for that many inches is pretty mind-numbing. It's good TV knitting, though, so I highly recommend some TV show on DVD to get you through it (and if, say, it happens to have Sawyer from Lost on it, all the better). There are quite a few episodes of that show, Project Runway, my soap, and the hour of syndicated Two and a Half Men that went into this blanket. (What? I am the queen of guilty pleasure TV watching).

6 Comments:

At 10:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The blanket looks great! And there is nothing wrong with mind numbing knitting...nothing at all.

 
At 10:56 AM, Blogger Geek Knitter said...

Wow! I love the way the colors pooled in that blanket. I think we've all got our guilty-pleasures TV... mine runs towards CSI:Miami.

 
At 3:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did my big pink baby blanket during Lost, Johnny Depp movies, American Idol and House. :-)

 
At 10:57 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Everything's better with Sawyer. ;-)

 
At 6:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Off topic: Congratulations, Emily! If I had known, I would have been there today instead of at St. Crispins.

Hugs!

Annie

P.S.- The baby blanket is a cool shade! ;) No, I better call that hot, huh?

 
At 4:53 PM, Blogger St. Inuksuk said...

Clever hands make beautiful work!!
Great blanket and love the color!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home