<

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

And the insurance agent said

"You're the only client of mine who ever ran into a fire truck!"

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, that is my new claim to fame. In the early hours of our now infamous ice storm, the Sentra skidded on an ice patch and slid, diagonally, into a fire rig (OKCFD #18), parked in the right hand lane. The car then crunched forward, ripping off the passenger side mirror. Other than that, nothing else was damaged.

So much for the 8:00 service. By the time the cops were done with the scene investigation, the weather was really happening and we cancelled our late service. But the wonderful driver of OKCFD #18 bought me a hot chocolate to cheer me up. (Do I wear a sign that says chocolate is my addiction of choice?)

By the time I got back to the church on Tuesday, this is what I saw:




Among other piles of debris. I'll spare you the forty photos I took.

Many in our congregations were without power. Mr. Julianscat and I were quite lucky--we lost power for only 12 hours. But we learned how unprepared we were. Ouch.

My favorite part of our outage was the look of withering outrage the cats turned on me on Monday morning as the temp in our apartment started to drop. It was as if they were saying, "How dare you do this to US?"

You would have thought I had personally turned down the thermostat.

Other than that. . .Christmas is arriving. . .I have some shopping left, mostly for some "angels" off our belated church Angel Tree. I'm not knitting for gifts this year, although I did make hubby a new wool hat (of course, once I had started it, we found the acrylic hat I had knitted him during my first spate of knitting.) But superwash wool will be good for his morning runs in colder weather.

Got some sermons to write, too ;)

1 Comments:

At 1:26 PM, Blogger Susie/Nueva Cantora said...

Glad to hear from you after the storms, I was thinking about you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home