<

Monday, January 21, 2008

She's a Lady


CIMG1302
Originally uploaded by julianscat
A mostly-completed Lady E.

Lady Eleanor from Scarf Style.




It's been a tad stressful on the work front since, oh, Julyish. That's when the question of whether I was staying at St. C's not just as the Interim but as the Rector really clicked into high gear. I didn't realize how much I was stressed until I wasn't.

Right about the time that decision got made (what does this have to do with Lady E? Bear with me), pastoral care needs in the congregation kicked into high gear. Between the end of October and last week, the congregation experienced the untimely deaths of 3 people associated with the church, the house fire of one family, and the ice storm and all of its consequences for so many of our members who live in a part of the metro area that was termed "Ground Zero" for the storm.

Not to mention my little encounter with OKCFD #18.

I hate to admit that one of the ways I manage stress is yarn therapy. And since St. C's is just around the corner from Michael's. . .well, it doesn't take much to put two and two together and comes up with thousands of yards of yarn. And now that Michael's carries "nice" yarns likes SWS and Patons Classic Merino. . .

Oops.

So I'm taking on the Stash Down 2008 challenge on Ravelry. Not a yarn diet. Just getting serious about actually doing something with my stash except using it as insulation for our apartment.

Hence, Lady Eleanor. That's 8+ skeins of SWS. I bought 8, ran out on the last triangle, had to buy one more. Don't tell the Stash Down people. I'll use up much of the rest of it making tassels, right?

7 Comments:

At 5:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lady E is gorgeous!!! I've long wanted to knit her but now that I've used Silk Garden I'd like to try a different yarn. I saw one in Plymouth Odessey that looked gorgeous also and much less pricey than silk garden. Ok, I took a big breath to calm down. I need to knit some of what I've purchased in the last year or so too. lol

 
At 5:13 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Beautiful!
I really ought to Stash Down, too. Though it goes against my nature, in every way.

 
At 11:16 PM, Blogger Carolyn said...

Oh!!! Pretty, pretty! I hadn't really thought about doing the Lady E....maybe that just changed!

 
At 11:27 PM, Blogger Knitted Zebra said...

Love your Lady Eleanor! She is beautiful! She's on my list of things to knit.

I always say yarn therapy is cheaper than a psychiatrist ~ that's my story and I am sticking to it!

 
At 9:37 AM, Blogger Lydia Agnew Speller said...

All one colorway??

 
At 12:08 PM, Blogger Bethany said...

That is absolutely stunning! I love the colour(s) you chose.

 
At 7:29 AM, Blogger Beth said...

Ok, so I'm a little behind, but Lady E is beautiful! I love the colors.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home