<

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

note to my next door neighbor

Dear Neighbor,

Did you find a foam "P" in your patio this morning?

Are you wondering where it came from?

Bear with me.

You see, this morning I finished weaving in the ends of a project I've been working on for two+ months:



(That's Serenity Blanket from La of JenLa. Stats: 5 and a smidge balls of white Cotton-Ease on size 6 needles. This is intended as a gift, but I won't say who or when until I actually get the thing in the mail and sent).

A few months ago I spotted foam tiles at Michael's that one can interlock in different shapes, and I thought they would make a great blocking board. And they do.

This morning I went outside with the tiles b/c the patio is the best space we have for big projects that need some elbow room. I went outside with the tiles before I realized we are having yet another day with strong winds out of the south.

Before I realized what was happening, the tiles started flipping up in the wind, and then some of them flew up in the air. I was able to grab most of them, but in the process, the little letters and shapes started falling out of the tiles, and at least one of them flew over the patio wall.

So this is why there's a foam "P" on your patio. I can live without it, but if you can find it and can return it, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Your wacky neighbor (yes, I'm the one who takes her cats out for a stroll on the patio and that's why you hear me say, "Houdini, no. No!" during the evening, when he goes for the chives).

6 Comments:

At 10:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor Houdini. Maybe you should plant him some catnip on the patio? He could have his own special plant to munch. :-)

Kay

 
At 11:01 AM, Blogger Emily said...

You know how it is. Even when I've had cat grass or catnip for them, they still want the stuff they're not supposed to get into.

 
At 3:14 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Dogs are even worse that way.
I love this story. Let us know if you ever see the P again?

 
At 7:24 AM, Blogger Linda said...

What a hoot! And the blanket is beautiful.

 
At 4:43 PM, Blogger Mary Beth said...

Gorgeriferous.

 
At 10:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hehee. You P'd on your neighbour's porch. I think that's funny because, well, I belong to RR and I'm 12.

Miss seeing you around. Pop in sometime!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home