<

Thursday, April 03, 2008

Black Cherry Chutney

Doesn't that sound like a yummy yarn?


I went for a manicure today, a gift from a parishioner to a local salon. The nail tech sent me to the wall of nail polish to select my color. I have charmingly red toes at the moment, a nice dark red color that was applied at the pre-Maundy Thursday footwashing pedicure the women of St. C's engaged in on Holy Wednesday. (Don't tell me that's theologically suspect--it was fun).

I was looking for the matching nail polish at the salon, when my eyes were drawn to a display of a particularly au courant set of colors. "Black Cherry Chutney," read one. It was a deep, dark purple. How fun, a part of my brain insisted. Too out there, the other part responded. I set it down and went back to the red.

As the pre-polish portions of the manicure went on, administered by the charming Amanda, I kept thinking about the dark purple of the "Black Cherry Chutney." How it would be fun to have that on my nails. What would people think? that little voice inside my head continued to say.

I'm 41. I think it's time to wear the nail color I want.

When Amanda got up to get some lotion, I asked to switch colors.

I have Black Cherry Chutney nails. They make me happy.

8 Comments:

At 7:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm going tomorrow for my monthly pedicure. I was at the local cosmetics store a few days ago trying to pick out a color I loved. I picked up many and even carried a few but I ended up buying a color I've bought two times before over many years, Iced Spice. lol I was shocked to see it was still being made.

 
At 7:55 AM, Blogger Linda said...

I've got faves too. And have a couple of bottles of them by accident to prove it. I do miss having my nails done...

 
At 8:29 AM, Blogger Carolyn said...

You go, girl!!! I love it! Next time I get my toes done I might just follow your lead and do something fun and funky....like lime green, turquoise....

 
At 9:03 AM, Blogger Cathy said...

I do think a picture is in order for this color! Sounds luscious!

 
At 9:13 AM, Blogger Emily said...

Cathy,

I tried to get a photo last night, but it didn't catch the dark red undertones. I had the same thought you did!

But you can check out the color here:

http://www.opi.com/India.asp

 
At 7:30 PM, Blogger anita said...

It sounds wonderful. My toes are currently a dark plum color.

 
At 8:29 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Pretty!
Mine are fuschia at the moment: I'm India Mood for Love is the name. Such fun!

 
At 10:28 PM, Blogger Judy Vaughan-Sterling said...

I'm 54. At my age, part of the fun is being shocking. Go for it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home