<

Friday, August 13, 2004

dyeing yarn with Kool Aid Pt. 1

Lessons learned-- #1--do better job of coiling yarn, so as not to have unwanted tie-dye effect.

#2--Need more Kool-Aid, didn't read directions carefully (not a new problem) and so didn't buy enough at the store. Still, it did come out a nice reddish-purple.

I used the stovetop method in Melanie Falick's "Kids Knitting" and it was very simple, and didn't leave much of a mess at all. I kept calling my DH into the kitchen to look at the water as the yarn absorbed the dye and left clear water behind.

Will have to try again soon so I can add an entry called "Pt. 2"

1 Comments:

At 6:51 PM, Blogger Mouse said...

I used the ziplock bag-microwave method that is posted online (google and it will come.. LOL) and had good results. My only problem with the Kool-aid dye process was the unbearable stench that the drying yarn left in my house (grape & wet dog smell)and the boredom of winding an entire skein of Fishermans Wool.. but I'll definitely be doing it again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home