<

Monday, July 18, 2005

so. . .about RSCM

If you ever have the chance to send kids from your church, do it.

If you ever have a chance to be the chaplain, do it.

If you ever have the chance to go to an RSCM Evensong, go for it.

Now, having got those preambles out of the way. . .

Other than the fact that TU wouldn't let me have access to their computer for more than one day (NOT a public u.--three cheers for my Big State U. alma mater), it couldn't have been a more perfect week. I enjoyed my colleagues, I worked hard, I loved the kids, my musical abilities are in better shape, I knit a few more inches on my Fishtail Lace scarf (bravely Knitting in Public, even), I read a few books (including, finally, Lauren Winner's

Girl Meets God, which I loved and will have to post thoughts on later), I walked a lot, I celebrated Eucharist and officiated at Evensong and homilized A TON, I swung the thurible around the altar at our final Evensong on Sunday and didn't spill a bit. And above all I have met some wonderful people who I hope will be friends for a good long time.

The boys' singing, we all agreed, was transcendent. At first we were working just to get through the Evensongs, but as the week went on, and their mastery over the material grew, we found ourselves going places in worship that were spiritually satisfying as well as technically beautiful.

I'm going to make some individual posts with sermons and notes about individual moments or services, but wanted to get this down before crashing into bed tonight.

Thanks to Monk-in-Training for coming to support our efforts at our final Evensong at Trinity, Tulsa.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home