<

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

bits and pieces

Like Topmost Apple, I've also been feeling a little light on blogging topics. I'm still in the middle of the faith story, and I will keep going, but I've gotten to the parts that were prominent "in the file" for ordination, and I really want to think about how my faith has developed, not just How I Got To Seminary and Got Ordained Despite a Diocesan Moratorium and Opposition From Family.


Saddened, like so many others, at the death of Brother Roger of Taize (reported in many quarters, I saw it first at AKMA's place. I wonder how many thousands of people he had a significant impact on in his lifetime? Taize has certainly become an instrumental part of my faith life, and it was very important to me to use the Taize "Veni, Sancte Spiritus" when I was ordained to the priesthood. His death may only merit a few blurbs here and there on the news, but his life impacted many, and the media will never catch on.

1 Comments:

At 5:09 PM, Blogger Closed said...

May he rest in peace!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home