<

Sunday, August 21, 2005

I have crossed the Red River

which, for my non-Oklahoman readers, means I set foot in the country state of Texas for a weekend with a friend from graduate school.

I have returned safely and will blog more with photos later.

Did you know there was such a place as Tom Bean, Texas? With a street named Joe Bob Lane? And that when you cross the Red River and enter Texas, your first sight is an adult video establishment with the cheerful greeting "Welcome to Texxxas?"

Unfortunately, as I opted for safety, I do not have photos of these and other standout Texas/Oklahoma signage from my trip.

4 Comments:

At 9:54 PM, Blogger Cathy said...

It's not like you to have not posted in several days. Wondered if you hadn't dropped off the face of the earth - see it was only dropping off the face of Oklahoma due south. Welcome back to blogland.
Cathy

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger Don said...

My homeland. When I was a student and used to drive back down I-35 to Texas, I always felt a bit of a thrill when I crossed the Red River (which was always more like red mud flats).

I am ready to start reading "The Reformation" anytime this week.

 
At 1:47 PM, Blogger Emily said...

Hi Don,

I'll pick it up this evening!

 
At 2:41 PM, Blogger Don said...

Great -- me, too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home