<

Saturday, August 27, 2005

random Saturday morning thoughts

you must, must stop by Haligweorc and read his clergy position advertisement. Too bitterly funny. You have to keep laughing if you want to survive the institutional church. (Also, I'm adding said blog to my sidebar, should have done it a long time ago, but there you have it).

I've missed posting this announcement but you will all hear more about it as time progesses. I've been invited back as chaplain for next year's Royal School of Church Music course in Tulsa (for boys, teen boys and adults) and, even more importantly for the musicians among us, the well-known Gerre Hancock is going to be the Director of Music. July 11-16, 2006. I've marked my calendar.

I've clearly done some sort of painful something to my hand/wrist/arm. I may even have to (groan) test our HMO (double groan) and visit the doctor, although the regimen of 3 Advil/3 x a day has helped considerably. And today's projects will include buying a nice wireless keyboard with wrist rest. And I'm laying off the knitting for awhile.

But mostly today will include farmer's market, hibernating with air conditioning, and keeping the plants alive on the patio.

Prayers for all those in the path of Katrina.

4 Comments:

At 4:27 PM, Blogger Cathy said...

I'll knit in your absence. So sorry to hear about you having to stop for a bit - can't think of much better thing to do but to read though :)

Just keep blogging - we will miss that.
Cathy

 
At 7:07 PM, Blogger Charlotte said...

Best wishes for a speedy recovery. (Ibuprofin is indeed a wonder drug. I was in a lot more pain before it went OTC.)

I recommend setting up a list at http://www.blogrolling.com; I can now add blogs (to my food blog; I can only set up one "free" list) with an IE menu shortcut.

 
At 10:11 PM, Blogger Lydia Agnew Speller said...

You don't think this is a knitting related injury, do you? I worry about that a lot, repetitive motion syndrome or something, from excessive knitting.

 
At 9:10 AM, Blogger geebrooke said...

"may even have to (groan) test our HMO (double groan)"

Yes, darn near as painful as an unknown something to the hand/wrist/arm. My sympathies!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home