<

Monday, November 28, 2005

felting fun for kitties

Or, from pies to pi.

I've been wanting to make the Kitty Pi Bed at Wendy Knits for some time, and my desire to use up the stash made it an attractive time to do it. It's a holiday present, right? A little early, perhaps.




I just love the way the purple mohair I carried along makes such a nice bull's eye like circle in the center. It's a little floppier than I intended, but before I could refelt it, the cats claimed it. Whatever. It's big enough for the Hootie, who is a rather slothful muscular cat. It was supposed to go to Wilbur, but some things are beyond control. Maybe they'll time-share.



Statistics: Kitty Pi Bed
Yarn: Two or so (I was using up scraps from various skeins) of Lopi; also a half skein of purple variegated mohair with sparkly bits in it as a carryalong in parts, and Bernat Boa (also a half skein) for the eding
Needles: Size 13 24" Addis

2 Comments:

At 6:03 AM, Blogger Cathy said...

Oh that is so nice! I need to do something like that. However, our cats (ok, our college kids' cats) will wait until the people gifts get done.

 
At 10:36 AM, Blogger Beth said...

Very nice! I'm so glad the cat(s) like it; there's no higher praise, right?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home