<

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Thankful

I am thankful for so many things.

For husband and family, for little black cats, for having a safe home with tomatoes that are still alive on the vine.

For the lovely new friends we have made here in Oklahoma, and for those we love in the various homes we have lived before.

I lift up those who are lonely and grieving, whose family circumstances have been changed by personal events or large tragedies. For those whose best hope of a hot meal tomorrow is one that will be staffed by volunteers.

Because of all these things, I made a donation to Tricoteuses Sans Frontieres today. See the link on my sidebar if you want more information.

And, because there has to be a little knitting, on a much more trivial note, I am entirely grateful that this

 


is finished.

Details: Branching Out from Knitty
(I joined the Branching Out KAL)

One skein Elizabeth Lavold Silky Wool in a sort of rust color. Size 8 needles, first on bamboo, which I think was part of the problem. I switched to Denises and it all started to fly along much faster.

I had an easy time with my first lace project, the Fishtail Lace Scarf. This one, not so much. My fingers and my brain just could not get it together with this pattern. It never flowed. But I finished it and I'm proud. I blocked it and the yarn softened and the lace truly opened up.

Even the husband is impressed.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! Posted by Picasa

8 Comments:

At 8:04 PM, Blogger Jane Ellen+ said...

It's beautiful, Emily! Congratulations!

And a blessed Thanksgiving to you and yours.

 
At 10:53 PM, Blogger Beth said...

Even the husband? Congratulations!

 
At 8:14 AM, Blogger see-through faith said...

me too
it's so lovely :)

 
At 8:19 AM, Blogger Emily said...

Thank you all!

 
At 9:08 PM, Blogger Cathy said...

I have completed that scarf also - you should be very thankful you have completed it, PLUS proud of your accomplishment.

Interestingly, I would like to do another one now after finishing the other one about 6 months ago.

 
At 9:30 PM, Blogger Emily said...

Annie, thanks. I hope you had a great Thanksgiving.

Cathy, part of what gave me motivation to finish was I knew you had done one! Knit on!

 
At 9:46 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

It's almost silly how thankful I am for yarn.
Glad the scarf came out well!

 
At 8:15 PM, Blogger Theresa Coleman said...

That is beautiful!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home