<

Saturday, December 31, 2005

after Christmas meme

Barbara tagged me for this a couple days ago. The kids' stuff is out, obviously, but here are my answers.

(Barbara and I got to have a knitter's day out together last week--I meant to take a picture but didn't get around to it. It's so much fun to hang out and have people ask "how did you meet?" and to say with a grin, "we met online."

1. Do you go to the brick and mortar store or use it online?
I enjoy both. If I'm looking for something specific, know what I need, and it's unlikely the local brick and mortar will carry it, then it's time for Powells or Amazon. Spontaneous purchases more likely at the local bookstores.

2. Do you think "This is mine, all mine!" or "I've been wanting such-and-such read aloud for the kids?"
Well, adjusting that for husband, mostly I buy what I enjoy, but have been known to buy books I think we will share.

3. Do you buy yourself a nice B&N coffee from the cafe, or consider that a waste of good Book Money?
I've really not much been a coffee drinker, and not much of one at the bookstore. Java Dave's Black Forest Mocha is a treat for coffee with a colleague. But I'm not one for spending $$ on hot drinks. Or pop/soda, either.

4. Does a $50 value on the card mean
A)Spend as close to $50 as possible without going over.
B)Buy one book and save the balance for next time.
C)Take $50 off a purchase of $100 or more.

I try to do A) but I have been known to do C).

5. Do you take the children and consider it a fun family outing, or plan your trip for when your hubby can watch the kids?
Well, I like to browse by myself and there are times when husband and I make it an evening date. The cats mostly do fine on their own .


6. And finally, do you make a beeline for your favorite section (and what section is that?) or do you browse the new releases and recommendations up front when you walk in the door?
I browse magazines first, usually hit knitting at some point, often browse the religion section (and mourn not being close to a good seminary bookstore), check out what's in the new nonfiction category and others in those front sections.

3 Comments:

At 3:00 PM, Blogger Annie said...

I must say! This was an irrisistable meme for any bookstore junkie!

 
At 11:48 PM, Blogger Barbara said...

Does Annie have a blog? Just asking...

I had a great time hanging out with you, Emily, and you're right, neither of us brought a camera for a photo! So it goes. I'm still pining for that teal Drops alpaca and the Mission Falls 1824 merino superwash that matches it. Would it make cozy socks? Hmmmmmmmmm.

 
At 9:07 AM, Blogger Emily said...

She does--she's over at Myriad Musings over there on the sidebar.

I'm going to make some Mission Falls socks this week. That's the plan, anyway.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home