<

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

ex-Olympian press conference

Well, I didn't reinjure myself like Michelle Kwan.

I'm not in a rivalry with anyone (at least I don't know of one) like Shani Davis and Chad Hedrick.

I'm just pitifully admitting that Teva Durham's Turtleneck Shrug and Rowan Kid Classic have, for the moment, put me on the sidelines for this particular Olympics.

That's fine (holds head up high). Just because I apparently can't follow directions (or figure them out), and have somehow gotten my mohair/wool blend in a twist, doesn't mean I'm not chock-full of self-esteem. (sniff).

Well, Olympians participate for different reasons, and most take it on for the experience, and not for a gold medal. So count me in with the cross country skiers from more tropical parts of the world. I had a great time casting on with 3999+ other people, and reading about the Knitting Olympics in various mainstream media, and I'll be ready when 2008 rolls around (what does one knit during Summer Olympics, one wonders).

7 Comments:

At 12:39 PM, Blogger kay_okc said...

Rosemary is already beaming with pride that she completed. I say let's team up on her and unravel that beautiful clapotis!!!! (just kidding!!!)

 
At 1:44 PM, Blogger Jonah said...

A speedo?

 
At 6:51 PM, Blogger Terri said...

Maybe in 2010?

 
At 7:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Summer Olympics - beautiful cotton intarsia sweaters guarrenteed to drive you crazy!

 
At 8:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You deserve an "atta girl" for trying hard. Pooh, you deserve several atta girls!

 
At 12:12 PM, Blogger Christine said...

Everyone who tried is a total Olympian! I click my needles to you for even attempting such a sweater! Oh, My!

 
At 5:48 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I'm not giving up, but I don't know how good the chances are of finishing, either...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home