belated Friday FiveI was having trouble with Blogger, yesterday, so I'm a little late:
1. Describe a memorable conference, retreat, workshop or convention you've attended.
Once I took a 24 hour bus ride from Chicago to Estes Park for a Young Adult conference at the YMCA of the Rockies. We got stuck in a blizzard, which made the trip even slower than it should have been. The St. Louis Arch is pretty in a snowstorm.
2. Tell us about a memorable speaker or preacher you've heard. Just recently, I had the pleasure of hearing Phyllis Tickle discuss the state of North American Christianity and the "emergent" trend. It gave me much food for thought which I'm still digesting. I am firmly planted in the Episcopal Church, yet there are some things about Emergent thought that I find useful and/or appealing.
3. Do you attend all of the scheduled events, or play hooky? If the latter, what do you do with your free time? I have been known to play hooky. I have been known to sit down and chat with others and miss workshops. Sometimes I also need some time to myself in the middle of such much "on" ness, even though I'm an extrovert.
4. Do you like having a roommate or would you rather have a room to yourself? I kind of like having a room to myself. Unless it's with the spouse.
5. What's the most exotic location you've conferenced or retreated? I think Estes Park in the middle of winter fits that bill. Breakfast was UP the hill in a brisk wind chill.