<

Friday, October 06, 2006

Quick Friday Five

1) How old were you when you voted for the first time?

I think I was 20 when I voted for the first time, since I turned 18 between major elections. So that would have been the presidential campaign of 87. Being a longtime Cubs fan, I am well trained in rooting for the underdogs. Sigh.

2) What was the contest at the top of the ballot?

See above.

3) Can you walk to your polling place?

People walk in Oklahoma City? I have in the past been able to walk in the polling place. In St. Louis, it was right downstairs in our apartment building. At seminary in Evanston, even though our dorm was a polling place, it was not OUR polling place, and we had to walk up the street.

4) Have you ever run for public office?
Nope! Very unlikely.
5) Have you run for office in a club or school or on a board.

I ran for Commission on Ministry in a previous diocese and was elected. That's about as exciting as it gets, folks.

3 Comments:

At 11:24 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

How funny about the polling place that wasn't yours!

 
At 12:15 PM, Blogger kay_okc said...

I'm telling my age here but my first time to vote was when Nixon won his second term. I had turned 18 the August previous and I registered as soon as I could. I haven't missed an election since! I've never been in walking distance of my polling place. Although, I did sign up for absentee ballots for 2006. I love it!! No lines, no crowds...just paper, #2 pencil, envelopes, stamps oh and a notary! But I am one! So that makes it easy.

 
At 1:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I need to get some "moving around" tips from you. I fell yesterday and sprained MY ankle. "Unhappy Camper" does not BEGIN to describe it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home