<

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Voulez-vous Rendezvous?

Or something like that.

Kay,her friend Pam and I trundled up to Arcadia on Saturday for a fiber rendezvous at a local attraction called Fort Braxton. (It was very rustic and also had lots of shade, which the fair-skinned among us appreciate).

Various Okie and Texan fibery types were in attendance, both vendors and attendees. There was dying and basketweaving and plain old weaving, and of course, and adorable little merino sheep:

 
Be careful, Pam, Wanda's trying to take you to the dark side. You innocently pick up a ball of yarn and some needles, or just a small loom, and the next thing you know, you're trying to figure out how many packets of Kool-aid you need to stick in your groceries for your dye pots.

 
The best part was hanging out with the alpacas. The whitish one with the blue eyes was Boo, and the brown one was Chaco. I can't remember the other one's name (help me out here, Kay). 
They are unbelieably soft and they like to kiss noses with the humans. Also, if you read Kay's blog, she'll tell you about the noises they make.
 

When we got back to Oklahoma City, we went over to Gourmet Yarn for a bit. When I came out later, I found a business card from my husband stuck in my car door. At first I thought maybe it had fallen out of my car and someone had picked it up, but then I realized he had probably been at the running store next door and spotted my car at mecca theyarn shop.

Good thing I didn't come home with too much yarn. Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

At 10:01 PM, Blogger kay_okc said...

I spoke to that card deliverer in the parking lot. :-)

 
At 9:16 PM, Blogger Barbara said...

Me jealous!

Je veut rendez-vous avec toi (at least that sounds good to me -- haven't spoken Francais in oh so many year). Let's get together!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home